Monday, November 24, 2008

Hello, my name is

Every year around this time, my company erects an "angel tree" decorated in holiday gift tags bearing the name of a less-privileged child for whom our employees may purchase a holiday gift. I took a look at the various names and gift requests and decided that I would help out a 2-year-old boy who hopes to receive "alphabet blocks and/or sweats (size 2T)." It wasn't because of his gift request that I selected this particular "angel" - it was because of his name ... Abooksiqun. ABOOKSIQUN!!

3 comments:

Lena said...

the book that you chose as your image has a number of "american" names, e.g. "cathresha" and "feven" and "larhonda". abooksiqun may very well be one of those. it also has lists like "redneck names" and "grocery clerks". it did help us name our child though, so what are you gonna do...

Panda!!!! said...

And to think, your son could have been named Cathresha!

Vanesa said...

Way to go...!! I like to read your blog..you are so funny!...and honest!!...and I'm glad you are also helping others in such a special time of the year.:)