Saturday, November 15, 2008

Black tie optional

I wish that, before I had dressed in a tuxedo with a snazzy silver bow tie and cummerbund, that TexyLady explained to me that "black tie optional" in Texas really means that every man wears suits. Puppy and I were the only boys - besides the wedding party and the staff - who wore tuxedos to the wedding affair.

But it was a really nice ceremony and a fun reception that featured songs like "Sweet Caroline" and "Pour Some Sugar on Me." It was nice to meet TexyLady's main squeeze and to catch up with some of my friends from graduate school. We ate some tasty food, celebrated the love between the couple of the evening and chatted with very kind strangers.

Puppy and I cut out before the end to hit some of the Dallas gay bars where people were confused by our penguin attire. In fact, at one bar, some folks thought we misunderstood the date of next week's black tie fundraiser and dressed up a week early.

We went to the circuity bar, the divey bar and the country western bar where I was pleased to see cowboy hats and boots. But then Puppy got a case of some overwhelming hiccups so it was time to put him to bed.

No comments: