Sunday, November 9, 2008

Brunch buffet

Bullet Tosser is in town this weekend for a wedding, and I was delighted to be one of the few people she was able to squeeze into her packed schedule. We'd originally planned to have dinner tonight, but a 7am text message revealed that she faced some logistical challenges and hoped to have breakfast instead.

Since I'm an accommodating panda without Sunday plans, I obliged and we went to a soul food restaurant for Sunday brunch. I'd heard that the brunch was a gospel buffet, but the band that set up to entertain seemed a bit more jazz than gospel to me.

No matter, Bullet Tosser and I made our way through eggs, bacon, pancakes, grits, fried chicken and biscuits with two types of gravy. Throwing caution and carb-counting to the wind, I ended up devouring three biscuits, smothered in delicious gravy!

It was great seeing Bullet Tosser, who, of all my friends I'm in touch with, has known me the longest. We've gone through a lot together, shared some pretty great and some not-so-great moments and I'm looking forward to sharing many more with her.

No comments: