Sunday, November 16, 2008

Texas treat

After last night's festivities, I needed to drop a bit o grease into my gullet so Puppy and I stopped at a Whataburger on the way to the airport. Apparently Whataburger is a Texas institution that serves up some of the best hamburgers in the state. But since it was morning, I opted for the sausage, egg and cheese on a biscuit. A nice, flaky biscuit.

It was a nice breakfast meal and I was impressed with how nice and friendly all the workers were, especially considering it's a fast-food joint. I guess I have to attribute it to southern hospitality. Another striking feature was that they delivered your meal to your table and brought over a cute tray of condiments, napkins and mints. But the feature that distinguished it from Bay Area eateries in my mind were the styrofoam cups they used for the soda fountain!

1 comment:

our lady of perpetual stuff and nonsense said...

so glad puppy initiated you into the rite of the late night whataburger...too bad there are no taco cabanas that far north. and i can't believe that little scam let you get away with eating a breakfast biscuit instead of a breakfast taquito...shame on him. when you two come see me, and the alamo, we'll do things the right way.

love,
miss texas