Monday, August 13, 2007

Chi-town musings


Panda!!!! has returned home to San Francisco, after the extended weekend in Chicago visiting Gerbil. It was a fun weekend overall, and it definitely was nice to see Gerbil adjusting to his fabuloso condo in his new city. Per usual, Gerbil has found the cutest, most fabulous posse to run around town with and it was fun to spend the weekend in their care.

I'll be the first to admit that my Chicagoland experiences were from the absolute narrowest slice of what the city has to offer, but of course I have formed some strong impressions from the weekend...

Things I liked:
* Chicago is home to some of the most beautiful men and women I've seen in a while
* Hot summer nights - I remember these from my years in DC and I wish we had more of these in SF
* Clean sidewalks, lined with trees, flowers and grassy nature-type stuff
* Gerbil's new digs - made me jealous of the buying power of his salary in Chicago!

Things that make me appreciate SF:
* Why must everygay wear camouflage cargo shorts?
* I'm looking forward to a conversation that doesn't reference steroids or drugs
* Bars and clubs that advertise a closing time but abruptly stop the music and flip on the lights 50 minutes prior to said time
* That SF edge that seems to be missing in many (all?) other American cities

No comments: