Sunday, August 12, 2007

Feelin' old in the windy city


After sleeping through my alarm yesterday, I managed to snag a seat on a later flight to Chicago. Not only did I manage to snag a seat, United put me in FIRST CLASS! It was a lovely way to start my journey, and I didn't even have to pay for it!

So I arrived in Chicago, met Gerbil and some other pals, and we hit the town. Mostly, we've spent a lot of time waiting in lines, but we ended up sweating in a little bar that was packed with wasted boys and girls. You see, they'd all been boozing it up since the early part of the day at the North Halsted Market Days Festival. I had not. I was sober sister and I think people thought I was sort of a miserable killjoy.

The thing I've noticed most about Chicago boys - they're boys. I feel so old!

No comments: