Monday, August 20, 2007

Return of tapey


In college, my friends used to tease me that I had a tapeworm because I constantly ate mountains of food, yet never became obese. But I was a growing panda and swimming 20 hours a week, so it all seemed to work out.

Yesterday, however, I think the tapey returned. It started innocently enough, with a ginormous brunch with my cousins and my siblings. We went to a great brunch spot in the Haight where I feasted on huevos rancheros deluxe! I may also have nibbled at my sister's biscuit...

A mere three hours later, it was time for Juanita MORE's funky fried chicken dinner. Still stuffed from brunch, my original intent was to order a sensible salad, but once I spotted the plates of fried chicken with honey goo, I couldn't resist. So Panda!!!! dove in and devoured 1/2 a chicken and even took a few bites of carrot cake.

But why, oh Internets, did I snack on veggie "sausages" and almonds when I returned home after dinner to watch television? Why can't I stop eating?!

No comments: