Friday, August 31, 2007

It's getting hot in here


For San Francisco in August, the past few days have been scorchers! I can't remember the last time I was able to go out at night in jeans and a t-shirt and feel warm. It's a nice feeling and hearkens back to Panda!!!!'s days as a DC resident - only without the oppressive humidity.

With that, you'd expect the city to be all ... alive , bustling with activity and excitedly enjoying summer libations. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case last night.

I met up with GarGar and his buddy from New York for a night on the town, but it seemed like no one was out. Maybe people had already left town for the long weekend? It's a mystery.

Another consequence of the hotter-than-average weather is the Spare the Air campaign, which discourages people from driving and polluting by offering public transportation for free. I do commend the campaign's objectives, but as a monthly muni pass holder, I feel sort of gypped!

No comments: