Friday, August 3, 2007

Just a small town girl living in a lonely world...


I guess it's 80s week in Panda!!!!'s life. Last night, I met Gymnast for a lovely dinner to celebrate (mourn?) his impending move to Londres. Panda!!!! ordered the vanilla-braised, roasted, grilled, double-cut pork-chop, while Gymnast at his usual, succulent baby-back ribs that simply melted off the bone. I admit I had a twinge of order envy, even though my vanilla pig was loverly!

Post-dinner, we went to 80s night at a local tavern and ran into some of Turtle's friends, who demonstrated boy-on-boy dancing (perhaps even in the cage) to the tunes of INXS, Madonna, Prince, etc. Some of the str8folks looked on in horror. Others cheered the gays on. Most ignored our little troupe, and that was fine with us.

The DJ played some of the usual songs, but had a difficult time keeping the music going continuously. Plus, it was a million degrees inside so Panda!!!! had to leave on the early side to return home (Not to mention I was required at The Corporation this morning!).

When I pulled away from our group and walked through the main dancefloor to the exit, hordes of people were screaming the lyrics to "Don't Stop Believin'" Hold on to that feeling, indeed.

I'll be sad when Gymnast heads for the land of tea and crumpets, but I know he's going to have a great time with the learning and the Euro-boyz. I'll have to plan a visit!

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Says the girl who spent $45 on a Journey MATERNITY shirt ... that sounds like a fuckton of fun!